7 DIY Homemade Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Frizzy hair is a problem of every girl next door.When the hydration requirements of your hair are not met, the excess moisture from the atmosphere causes your hair to swell up and frizz. Constant dehydration leads to damage, leaving your hair frizzy and lifeless. If you're fed up of your frizzy hair and all those famous brands in the TV ads and saloon treatments prove to be ineffective then it's time for you to try some of the following homemade remedies which are guaranteed to provide you with best results:
Coconut milk works as a natural light protein and moisture treatment for frizzy hair.
- Put 2 tablespoons of coconut milk in a small pot and heat it until warm. Make sure it doesn’t get too hot and burn.
- Apply the warm coconut milk on your hair and cover your head with a towel. Leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with shampoo and let your hair dry.
- Do this twice a week to enjoy shiny and bouncy hair.
Bananas are good for hair-conditioning because they are rich in natural oils, potassium, carbohydrates and vitamins.
- Mash one ripe banana with a fork until there are no lumps(thick pieces). Mix in one-fourth cup of yogurt. Then add two tablespoons each of honey and olive oil.
- Apply the mask all over your hair and scalp. Put a shower cap over your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse your hair and then shampoo and condition as usual.
- Do this once a week.
An avocado-based hair mask is a highly effective remedy to control frizzy hair. The high amount of vitamin E present in avocado helps tame the frizz.
- Mash one ripe avocado, add a little olive oil and mix it well. Shampoo your hair and then apply the mixture throughout your hair. Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour, and then rinse it out with cold water. You can then condition your hair to get rid of the avocado scent.
- You can also mash an avocado and mix it with curd or mayonnaise to make a smooth paste. Use this as a hair mask once or twice every week to prevent dryness and condition your hair.
Almond Oil and Eggs
Almond oil acts as a natural hair emollient and conditioner. This is considered to be one of the best remedies for frizz.
- Combine the 1/4 cup of almond oil and 1 raw egg until you get a smooth mixture. Optionally you can just whisk the egg and apply it to your hair.
- Section your hair and start applying the mixture to your scalp and through the length of your hair.
- Wait for 40 minutes and then rinse your hair as usual.
- Use a good shampoo and conditioner, preferably one without sulphates.
- Apply this once a week.
Honey and Yogurt
Yogurt is an effective deep conditioner and honey helps in retaining moisture. It also makes hair smoother and shinier.
- Mix the 1 tablespoon of honey and 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
- Apply this once a week.
Lemon and Honey
The mask removes dirt and grime from the hair shaft while reducing frizz and the rich vitamin C content also helps boost hair growth.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 cup water and pour it through freshly washed hair.
- Massage your scalp for a couple of minutes and then let the mixture sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and shampoo.
- Use this mask every once in two weeks along with the use of a good conditioner.
Raw eggs and Olive Oil
Egg whites help remove unwanted oils from hair, leaving it clean and shiny.
- Mix two whole eggs with two tablespoons of olive oil. Add it with 1 tablespoon of honey and mix.
- Smooth through from roots to ends of your hair until completely covered. Cover your hair with a plastic wrap or shower cap and leave for one hour. Rinse with warm water and shampoo until hair is no longer sticky. Use conditioner if necessary.
- Apply this mask at least once a week.